...and things I do not want to forget!
our ISAAC is a kid that needs people around,
needs to be busy
and has a comfort zone that he doesn't feel comfortable outside of.
Studying with Isaac is....
my job privilege,
thru the years we learned little tricks that help prepare for tests
and we do not skip over, skim over or let good enough be good enough!
(its intense)
My other kids are not fretters and are a bit too casual about studying unlike Ike!
...this folder of notes & study guides, especially made for me to "keep the papers nice" (Isaac's words) while I had spent a week (February) in Arizona .
Wouldn't you know the biggest test of the year is while I am gone!
So once or twice a day over the phone we study....
Ike having the very same set of papers,
we go over & over & over and over science that I am sure I did not have until high school.
...last night we are studying (again)for a science test,
how many of them do 6th graders need to take a year????
Really its not that bad however its serious business this studying!!!
so a one of the vocabulary words is convection
Ike, "oh that's a church word."
"huh???? no that's conviction", says me.
"oh, I wondered about that all day at school!", he giggles!
someday these ordinary days will pay off (I hope...)
atoms, electrons, mass, density, conviction, convection, radiation, neutrons, volume,
protons, cell membrane, DNA, hereditary, recessive.............
~and then there is social studies........
With love,
Isaac's mom
1 comment:
The days will pay off!!! I have no doubt!
Post a Comment