HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Thursday, May 19, 2011

THE DASH...

....at the cementary.

We all have a day of birth...and will have a date of death. Both dates are important and a meaningful event, but if I haven't learned anything this past year, I learned this, it is that the dash that will mean the most. What we have done between those two dates that makes us who we are.

today is the date of Dad's birth...91 years ago.

Mom and I spent the day together. Visited the cementary where many of Mom's family are laid to rest. This is not something I normally care to do but know Mom does and it was ok. I learned some things and stories that I would not have know if we hasn't done this.

Mom's baby sibling's stones....the little lamb stone was bought by Mom's grandparent deJager for little Berniece. Baby Philip was dressed so cute by the workers and had on white lacey tights is what mom recalls.

Mom's parents, my grandpa & grandma...I still miss you, Grandma...so many things I would like to visit about with you now that I am an adult, wife and mother....think you could have shared alot with me and I know we would laugh, until your dentures fell out!!!

grandma's mom

grandma's step-mom...notice the name...Janna Rieniera. My grandma's given name was the very same as written in the family bible...so was Grandma named for her aunt that later became her step-mamma??? So jump forward to when I was about 14/15 years old, I walk into G'pa and G'ma's house, grandma said to me..''do you know that you were named after me?" I did not know, Grandma was always called Rena... I asked mom and she said that she didn't think of that when I was named but that it was ok for Grandma to think it....oh, but what a special person to share a name with. Now today I see that I am the 3rd one with the name!!! ...ummmm, this saying is perfect, cuz back-when if mom would fuss/complain dad would say, "oh Rosa, count your blessings!" I can hear Dad say it yet!

5 comments:

Kara said...

Janna, I just love the history in your post. These are things that need to be remembered. Thank you!

Jenae said...

:)

Alicia "Al" Krisher-Behm said...

Glad you could be there for G'ma! Know Mom would have loved to be there but... Hope to see G'ma soon! Hugs~

Flynsk8r said...

***LOVE***

THX

ruth said...

So glad that you could do this...I love that you wrote what Mom said about the different ones... thanks for being there for Mom...