my dear daughter let me know several days in advance she needed cookies for her class. YEA, progress...not the night b-4 or the morning of but 3 whole days...I like that but what in the world do Spanish eat for cookies? Google came up with this cookie, simple and quick..we all agreed it would be better with almond flavoring but then that would make it Scandnavain our SM visitor told us!!
The kicker in all this is.....
I asked what the others were making,
Laura tells me, they are bringing chips, pop, napkins,
but she wanted something good so she offered for me to make cookies cuz.....
she knows her mom likes to cook!!!
Excuse me, but I did not get the memo!!! I like to eat, the family needs to eat therefore I cook!!! So I learned a bit yesterday....Spanish cookies & I like to cook!
5th of May.... Mexicans, never forget who their friends are, and neither do Americans. That's why Cinco de Mayo is such a party -- A party that celebrates freedom and liberty. There are two ideals which Mexicans and Americans have fought shoulder to shoulder to protect, ever since the 5th of May, 1862. VIVA! el CINCO DE MAYO!!
life is great with kids
3 comments:
Something must get lost in the translation of what moms really like to do. :) Are you speaking the same language? Oh, well, I know you had fun making them and it's always a compliment when a kid has confidence their mom is up to the challenge!
so tell us.. Was it yummy?! looks like somethin hubby would like but if its just for at home i can alter the recipe.. So does it need almond after you tried it without? :)
Amy, yes it was kind of a warm fuzzy to hear say that...and more fun to cook when you know they enjoy what you make.
Kayla,
today they were actually very tasty but do think I would really be addicted if they had a bit of almond flavoring. Easy to make and think it might be good to chill the dough before rolling...I may need to try them again!
Post a Comment