HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Saturday, January 29, 2011

RESPECT

....seen and felt today at such a solemn occasion.

.....these guitar strings will never be strummed again by this 25 year old son/brother/friend/grandson/classmate/nephew or fellow worker. A week and a half ago if they were told this.....there would have been great unbelief. One week ago it was real....a shock and I am sure it still is hard for those who knew him that he is gone....it is so unreal but it is real and it hurts. We knew of this son/brother but know the parents and my daughter is friends with the younger brother so....it hurts cuz they are hurting.

THE FUNERAL Not one you would ever want to plan but as we heard it was laid in this families' lap. It was beautiful.....there were people there from all walks of the boy's life....there was love, tears, sorrow but mostly I felt RESPECT.... the quietness as each one sat before the service...a funeral that started at least 10 minutes after the designated time because people, mostly peers, kept coming.......the hymn to close the funeral..."Tomorrow's path to us all unknown...." sang by those thirty and younger.......absolutely beautiful.....with utmost RESPECT. The people in approaching cars pull to a stop....as the mourners proceed to the cemetery....RESPECT

4 comments:

Kara said...

Well written. He will certainly be missed by many.

ruth said...

dont know what to say....

Alicia "Al" Krisher-Behm said...

Such sorrow.... Good reminder to us tho that time is brief. Hugs~

Deirdre Remmers said...

Goodness Janna, this is beautiful and I thank you for taking the time to show your respect. Yes, I needed a kleenex. I cried with my Mom this morning on the phone, she understands the loss so well too.