HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ENOUGH

............of this sub-zero cold and drifting snow.
Yesterday's mail brought the latest COUNTRY GARDEN magazine. Filled with flowers, yard ideas and even chickens. Yes, I and Isaac want chickens this year. Growing up, they were gross and the eggs, ewwwwwww, the worst to clean 'em and putting them in the cartons, but I grew up and I really enjoy them now plus they make the farm look like a Norman Rockwell picture...vain, yes but I love the country look and to hear the cackle.

Chickens....free range and care-free.

longing

for the look/feel/smell of spring today

and warm enough to want to be outdoors.
I am so cold....today, I am anxious for spring, tomorrow, I will enjoy winter again but today....the look of spring feels so therapeutic.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

We're getting our second big snow right now. We're predicted to get up to 8 inches of snow. I think I'm ready for spring too. Looking forward to working on my "green thumb."

Mulberry Mama said...

Oh Janna...me too.....I'm more than ready for winter to be over and I SO want chickens too....I"d love for them to be free-range but I'm not so sure how my dogs would handle that! I'm hoping to get started on the chicken house this spring...maybe if we start then we'll have it built and ready for chicks by NEXT spring! Hope you're warmer tomorrow.