
time is going on....

...dad is really failing...needs help with everything and does not respond much at all. 2 nurses nabbed me today with concerns....I am not prepared for this but am thankful for the staff and
their kindness. The above picture is Dad's sister (in Holland)and her family....she has
Alzheimer's and being cared for by her husband so far. Dad's brother(Holland) is in the family home yet but has a caregiver come in two times a day and name is down for a
care center but so far isn't wanting to go.....he is 93 (sounds
familiar).


Today is morning baking of bread and
cinnamon rolls @ the
care center...note the bread pan used very much like what Mom used when she made bread...(tears flow again...
whatta puddle) My sister has Mom's pan beautifully displayed in her kitchen.(above pix) I have one too that I got on a garage sale because it reminds me of snow days & mom making bread.

Mom had a shopping list, needs envelopes so we hopped in the van and went to the variety store, her $1.99 envelopes came to $24.38 ....candy bars, latch hook kit and hook, and few misc made it to the counter also.
smile (I founds some goodies too but will save that for another post)
4 comments:
Ah BBS, what a post. I too remember Mom using the bread pan. What a welcomed smell coming home from school to fresh homemade bread. Yum, with real butter and lots of it and oh, strawberry jam... dreams!!!!
Lovely bread. Lovely pan. Lovely post. Lovely memories.
Thanks, Janna, for your blog; I love reading it!
Think of you often with your parents getting older and all the changes you've went through with them lately. Know it can't be easy, but so nice you are close and can do it. I think of my parents so far away........time will tell what happens......
Keep writing and I'll keep reading! :)
I am so thankful for all the memories I have of Gma and Gpa at the farm. I don't remember so much of baking bread but I have memories of baking carrot cake in Gma's kitchen! And swinging on the swing, riding the go-cart, sitting upstairs and just chatting with Gma......
Post a Comment