HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Tuesday, November 24, 2009

GROWING UP

TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE
If you would have stopped by our house the winter/spring of 2003 this is how you may have seen Evan dressed. I do not remember how it started...maybe a badge but he love to dress like a cop/police. So I made him pants/shirt to complete the look. He was five. School event (ECFE) brought in emergency vehicle for the kids to see and climb thru and........Evan spent alot of time in this car.
SEVEN YEARS LATER.........Evan and I had a date, eating @ Taco John's (his choice) the same time that apparently 3 city police officers were taking a break. They got up to leave & one of the police officer came up behind Evan, sat next to him in the booth, arm around him, asked about his day & what he was getting to eat & just teased him. Asked him then if he like police officers and with a grin said he like kids and got up and left. I grinned at Evan, said "did that make your day?".........he responds...." I am not 5 anymore!!!" I am not sure he even remember this outfit but to my amazement he was five when he wore it alot!!!

1 comment:

Jenae said...

How sweet .... the yars are going by so so fast! What a memory.