Friday the dogs were frantically barking and I looked out to see the FedEx truck on our yard. The delivery man was standing in its door looking for some one to save him from the two guard dogs, haha. Those dogs are worthless for protection but looks are deceiving. Anyway I fully expected the package to be for the business or at least for K. but to my amazement it was for me (well it was address to the whole family but it is from my niece and you know she is my niece and I loved her first.......so safe to say it is for me right??!!!!) In the package is this quilt sampler she brought back from Kenya and is giving to us for our home (see, I am sharing with the clan). "KARIBU" is Swahili meaning welcome. It was made by a woman in Kenya to help them learn sewing skills and to provide for their families. For info on this training project for women of Africa check out www.amaniafrica.org. Thanx, Steph, for the surprise in the mail. I needed that surprise and truly love it.
2 comments:
Very, very special BBS!
-smile- I'm glad you got it and it arrived safley!
Post a Comment