HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Thursday, November 20, 2014

THRIFTY THURSDAY

~its been a while~
since i did a 
Thrifty Thursday
Life is full...and I thought to myself 
"just enjoy it"
no need for blogging projects
BUT 
one day someone said to me 
"its Thursday"
I blankly look at her and said, "huh???"
She says, "Thrifty Thursday!!!"
wow...someone reads them!!?!?!
well here is a couple pieces I did,
and a few have asked what I used to redo them,
no before picture because I was just doing rather than posting!!
Oops!!
Anyways the piece on the left is from GW for $12
its primitively made and was varnished with a high gloss red stain
I loved it...the piece~not the finish,
but  i left it at Goodwill because...
I did not need it, have too much, and, and...
next time I go to GW...
its still there!!!
Not no more,
its
HERE!!!
The piece on the right was in our house when we moved in....stained pink
21 years later unable to get the pink out I paint and wax it black and add new pulls,
a few months later I think I prefer this gray,
~so gray and java gel it is!
I love it! 

Okay for the 
"Thrifty Thursday"
Thrifty is what I used!

free to me using Amazon points

free to me using Amazon points
valspar flat primer and paint~quart less than $20 @ Lowes
used instead of Annie Sloans Chalk Paint~about $40

ASCP soft wax~no substitute,
swallow~paid the price!!

Spray bottle of vinegar & water to prep before painting!
Its working so far for me!!?!

Java Gel...love the stuff,
paid the price but it lasts forever!

So I wipe down my piece with 
a rag & the vinegar/water,
let dry,
meanwhile I strain my paint using cheese clothe
(important to prevent clogging the sprayer)
 and put the paint with a splash or two of water 
in a pint jar that attaches to the Critter!
So simple!
Sprayed the pieces,
let dry (that's the hard part for me!!)
Java Gel the top...dry
re-coat as necessary with spray and gel
distress, 
wax with cheese clothe & ASCP wax
then buff with the cordless drill & buff brush!!!

I by no means claim to know what I am doing,
I am sharing how I did these two pieces,...
and I like how they turned out!

In the house they came,
to be ENJOYed!!

No comments: