HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Thursday, November 7, 2013

YOUs got an accent........

Approximately,
56,000
BLUE w/ gold jacketed youth gather in this one city,
and on the back of each jacket clearly states,
their state and chapter.......
~an awesome sight.
 
Wellll.....
the first night at the motel,
only pops and I are there for the time being
(our chapter of kids are at a concert)
  I make a trip to the vehicle,
d
   o
      w
          n
                                 7 floors,
not a big deal, unless there is only one elevator working,
and the motel is full....
of excited kids,
going here & there,
but!!!!
all are in their assigned rooms at 11PM!??!
 
anyways, I am
....w  a  i  t  i  n  g...
for the elevator to go back up,
ding, opens the door to 3 swim clad youth,
younger than FFA'ers,
 
"7th floor, please"
young boy ?'s me,
"are you from Minnesota?"
"yes, how do you know?"
as they hurriedly leave the elevator, the boy throws over his shoulder
"your accent!"
I quickly interject, "where are you from?"
"Oklahoma"
 
~shaking my head~
 
actually I am from NW Iowa,
where we
'waRsh'  our clothes and eat 'taverns'
!!!!!

3 comments:

The Chairman's Wife said...

I was asked in CA if I was from Wisconsin due to my strong accent!

Jenae said...

cute post:)

Gramma's Corner said...

My dad who is from SW Iowa, warshes, too. I don't, and my mom didn't (not being from IA), but I see she's lived with Dad so long, she is starting to warsh, too.