HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Tuesday, September 17, 2013

4 DAYS

of feasting.
it was not Thanksgiving.
But it was
THANKSGIVING
however by Sunday afternoon
 I was ready to return to the routine chaos of our
HOME
 
A few highlights or enlightening of mine,
 
~a boy young man
that has spent much time at our farm and home,
over the past several years,
is a relative of my relatives,
our world became smaller,
weird,
 but  his g'mother's death and funeral write-up cause me to wonder,
wonder no more,
his grandmother's 1st cousin is married to my aunt.
 
~a man that at one time spent time in the Michigan's upper peninsula
remembered my mother and time shared there.
He is now spending time in Ohio/West Virginia,
anyways he spoke to mom and reintroduce himself to her,
neat to say the least,
Mom, 92, hard of hearing, fatigued,
was not quite getting it......
anyways after a brief visit,
John W. gave each mom and I a list for 2013-2014
mom glances over it,
saying
"I know so and so......
and oh I know John W_________."
me, standing to the side,
   shared a knowing grin with JohnW.
quietly stating to him,
"welcome to my world"
 
~and then someone in passing
says,
"hi, Janna"
huh, what????
"oh, I read your blog!"
my thoughts and still thinkin'
why???
(Hi, Renee!)
 
~and in closing,
my 2 oldest and I attended a funeral
Monday.
She was a mother to
5 and wife to 1
leaving a huge
vacancy in their lives.
52 yo, cancer winning.
she loved God and raised her children to love Him,
wished she could have known more about our past 4 days.
 
so very, very, thankful for those who are.....
 #403

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Chairman's Wife said...

nice...

Grandma Made It said...

love this post ... will be nice to remember this in years to come ...