...red handed,
literally, messing with the....
Hub's BEEs
Saturday afternoons & evenings are fairly quiet here on the farm,
usually there is no one else working or on the yard besides family
so I thought...
if Kerry could just borrow the skidloadeer
and help move a few things around we could tidy up.
He did
and it looks so much better.
Well, he went off to do what he really thought should be done..
spraying crops and what-not!
Ike stuck with me and we moved stuff,
put away, stored stuff, threw away and whatever else...
but then....I move something that had
a hornets nest ??? in it!
Ike & I got out of there after the first one stung me.
Quick went to the house to fixed it up and out we go again....
welllllllll.....the going was good until...
I thought we would just move a couple random bee boxes
to set them in more orderly fashion,
its dusk and the bees are alllll
in bed and quiet........or so I reasoned!
MISTAKE...
the first two bee boxes that was the case,
the last box though,
why is it always the last thats gets you into
TROUBLE???
i pIcKeD Up that box and things changed
in a painful way,
i have been stung b4 and multiple times,
YES...
not a great feeling but...
you get over it!
BUT...
this time I reached around the box and put my hand right on a
bunch of bees,
6 at least got even,
on the same hand that the hornet told me
to leave them alone !!!
So IKE & I were just gonna quietly go in the house, shower,
treat our bug bites, and go off bed....and lick our wounds.
Thats what I thought,
until intense itching set in, bottom of my feet, hands and then all over,
thinking again,
the Benadryl (overdose amt.) will kick in...
well it didn't,
now my mouth and around my ears are getting thick feeling,
CONFESSION time,
Kerry was not too pleased,
but ya can't be too angry at someone
when you are watching that someone's hand balloon up,
itching like she has the 7 year itch...
well it took a bit of convincing on his part to get me,
off to ER,
so off we go at 11:00pm,
when Kerry should have been going to bed
(his nights are short & days are long with rarely a complaint of it)
and I felt bad about that,
but not as bad as my body was feeling!
so this "unkept lady" arrives to ER...
swollen hand,
intense itching, head that feels huge, husky voice,
hives and uncontrollable chills,
literally a mess,
butwith
one little shot to begin with,
changed all of this, then for good measure,
the DOC ordered a few other RX,
and by 1:30am we were heading home,
and on the way home the clouds opened up,
we got 9/10th of rain...
so now you have
the good & bad
of it!
PS...the yard and the produce shed looks so much nicer ....
2 comments:
Ouch!!!! :(
OH DEAR! August just is NOT your month, I don't believe. =-( But, hey, like you said.....it all looks PICTURE PERFECT (I am sure!).
Post a Comment