HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Wednesday, January 25, 2012

GROWING-UP.....

....the kids are.
the middle child especially,
the pants seem to be getting shorter,
either we will have to purchase longer pants,
or settle for knee socks, perhaps !!!

...this doorway suits us fine to check their growth. However I wanted to try this POTTERY BARN (CLICK HERE) Knock-off..... Growth Ruler,

...my version using the tutorial of 517 Creations. 6 feet long to be hung 6" off the floor. Along with a paint stick on the side to make the measuring mark (an old traditional yard stick for comparison).
__________________
Then there is the "doorway" of ours....

...and the "made to order" one for our doorway !!

...this one I made so that it will rest on the floor and fit snuggly in the door frame.

.....#'s dates & names needing to be transferred.

....and attached to the wall.

________________

Our Growth Ruler measures....6' 4" ,

probably safe to save at least one of the kids will surpass this length.
Our family tree has some pretty "tall nuts" dropped from it !!

4 comments:

Jenae said...

love it, i NEED to make one!

Alicia "Al" Krisher-Behm said...

very cool! I love that pic of the kids. We have the problem of shrinking pants too... ugh!

Kara said...

Ditto to Aunt Jenae's comment....way better than the poster growth chart I have hanging in the closet. Hmmmm....

As far as clothes...how can they fit one week and not the next?! I am SURE I didn't put my parents through this! =-)

Jayne said...

Such beautiful children you have!! And what a great way to document their growingupness!!