of Evan's room.
The Archie's
drawing Evan did last year...
....the mirror is actually a mirror from an appliance store that was used when TV's had the tube in the back and the repairman would set it in front of the TV while he worked on the backside adjusting whatever...and he could see when the picture was clear. Anyways it was to be thrown out and...........I had visions of "someday" !!
The tin used for the headboard and to mount the unicycle were a "saved" item from a building that was rotting but......tin doesn't rot! So a few years later it is repurposed....I love the look! So does Evan.
A make shift closet made out of 2 x 4's works great for a guy and his mom!
1 X 6 boards cut to size for shelves in a blocked off doorway. Perfect for treasures and such.
The nightstand is the stool that the appliance man would have sat on while repairing the TV. To shelve Evan's POPULAR SCIENCE magazines is a wooden box that had ammo in it at one time...a C-clamp to hold it on the stool.....then of course the CD player is on top of the that.
The best part----Evan likes it!
and for me....its pretty much done!
12 comments:
I think it turned out great!!!
Very cool ideas, Janna! I can see why he likes it.
Very creative! Love it! Can't wait to REALLY see it...Al
That is so creative! I love it! I'm itching for my own house so I can do stuff like this!
You are one super 'crafty' lady, Janna. Love, Aunt Janie
Oh my goodness, it turned out "adorable" or I mean "studding" :)
See I knew you would create something amazing. Great job!!
Way COOL!
I like!!! The colors are fantastic!
You had some ingenious ideas there! Love the mirror and especially that nightstand, how creative! This room is funky and I LOVE it!
Evan is one lucky duck! My daughter has a similar green in her room!
This would be a perfect inspirational post for our "Impossibilities" challenge ...
I've joined up with 5 talented bloggers for an "Imagine the Impossibilities" challenge multi-blog link party going on now. It's all about tackling your most daunting task ... and you can find out more at this link ...
http://www.eclecticallyvintage.com/4/post/2012/01/imagine-the-impossibilities-link-party.html
Hope to see you there!
Kelly
I am so happy my dear friend Kelly invited you to link up to our challenge, you are very creative! What a neat space!
Thanks so much for linking up to the challenge!
Karah
Post a Comment