HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Monday, May 9, 2011

ADDICTION FIX

....today @ Grandpa's Fun Farm.

this cow stanchion..... ..much like what we had in dad's barn, I brought home a couple them home when we clean off the farm last year, think I will need to do something like this...

Just a few pictures that does not even begin to show what this couple has done with their talents. She is a terrific gardener and he, a can do about anything man. Helpmate to her, can make stuff out of junk, build greenhouses, restore old barns to display gift and stuff. Its a real treat to stop at their place in the country. Never know what the two have come with or the explansions made. The great thing about the things they grow is that you know they are hardy to our area, a real plus becuz the big box stores are about sales and will sell perenniels that are not hardy for us. Jolene has years of growing in our area and helps the rest of us have it too in our gardens.

So on the way to taking Mom back to CVM after the weekend at our home, just had to shop a bit @ the garden center, since its on the way after all!!! Mom opted to stay in the van while I was there and this is what I found her doing ..... ...sketching this bench.

"I could make it if I had the table saw." states Mom.

I have it in our garage I tell mom but a little afraid to use it....maybe will have to have mom help me!!

I love rustic, junk and plants/flowers!

maybe genetic?l.

3 comments:

Jenae said...

cute:0)

Kara said...

Hmmm-looks like my kind of place!! Lots of "good junk".

ruth said...

I "need" to go here when I come to visit!!