HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Tuesday, December 21, 2010

THE PLASTIC CARD

........do you have one?

How often do you use it? Ours is used a lot and we owe a ton for using it, yet it cost us absolutely nothing. I use the card for entertainment, relaxation therapy, travels, knowledge and even pull it out to get a magazine or two. Yet each month I do not get a bill or no collection agent is after me/us for an unpaid debt. We owe them so much yet they are happy to continue to serve our family with no threat of revoking it.

my LIBRARY card

I am guilty of making a trip to town when inclement weather is predicted to assure there is fresh library material available...( may use an excuse of needing milk or such in order to fulfill this errand!!)

THIS POST IS TRIGGERED BY A PERSON ?-ing ME GOING TO THE LIBRARY.... THIS PERSON CLAIMED TO (with pride) NEVER USED THE LIBRARY NOR OTHERS OF THE FAMILY OR FAMILY BEFORE....A FEW YEARS AGO I WOULD HAVE TRIED TO JUSTIFY MY ACTIONS, MY KIDS LOVE OF READING OR STORIES ON CD'S BUT NOW I KNOW THAT IF YOU DO NOT USE THE PLASTIC CARD THAT IS FREE YET CAN TAKE YOU TO SO MANY PLACES AND ENTERTAIN AND RELAX YOU AT NO COST...YOU ARE THE ONE THAT PAYS...YES, I QUIETLY LISTENED TO THIS PERSON AND CHOOSE TO SAY NOTHING BECAUSE I LOVE THE LIBRARY AND THEY KNOW ME WELL AND WHAT 'I LIKE' TO READ, LISTEN TO OR EVEN MAYBE FEW OF MY HOBBIES , YOU CAN LEARN MUCH BY WHAT A PATRON CHECKS OUT.

I WILL GET OFF MY SOAP BOX NOW

6 comments:

Jenae said...

I LIKE MY CARD TO!!!

Kara said...

This card has also taken us many places....without leaving our humble abode! In their reading, the girls and I are currently visiting Las Vegas after having just returned from Disney World....and never spent a dime!!

Mom Becker said...

Love to read!! Do you have any good recommendations for good books? I am needing some new ones. My library card gets a good work out.

Brenda said...

Me too! Me too!! A good book is a MUST if bad weather is coming. Hmmm, snow predicted tomorrow night, maybe a nice amount, and wouldn't you know, I have to get groceries in the morning!!

Jessie K said...

I love, love, LOVE the library! In fact those poor people have been very patient with me as I tend to forget to return materials on time! We have our own "library" at home, but I've read them so many times, it's nice to be able to get something "new" at no cost! Besides, other than Jane Austen, how many books do you reread?? It's also fantastic that most of the libraries in our state are part of the WYLD program. Stands for Wyoming Library something-or-other-that-starts-with-a-"D". Anyway, it's the interlibrary loan. There's not much you can't get with that!

Anonymous said...

I don't use mine as much as I used to, but I love having it, too! Good post!