HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Thursday, November 18, 2010

PAINTING

HOW DO YOU PICK JUST THE RIGHT COLOR/SHADE OF PAINT??
The living (and the rest of the house) was needing touch up paint, figured I mays as well change the color, just a different shade of brown. Bring in home paint chips from each of the paint suppliers in our town, leave lay, pick up look at them in the different light, lay them back down, pick'em up........finally took the plunge picked a color...go to the paint store...wait it looks different in the truck......wait, ponder finally just mix it....can't be that bad. Paint a patch on the wall......yikes. do not like. Go to a different paint store, order another shade of brown........nope not what I want. Call the store, "ummmmmmmm, a couple years ago I painted Pocahontas, would you have that on record?? Great, please mix it & my husband will pick it up"
LivingRoom is the original color but....fresh.
2 gallons of paint that I don't think I like,
so one gallon in the hallway to cover the grimy finger print, tire marks of a unicycle....looking
fresh........and I like the color (would have been just fine in the LR) but had to remove wall words in the process, sad.
1 gallon left & not sure of the color but the stairway to the basement is in dire need of paint...tackled the job today.........and I like the color (would have been just fine for the LR) and once again there was wall words and this one,
my very favorite, sooooooo I just painted over it and......

......when the paint dried, peeled off the the vinyl and viola have my wallwords are back. (original was a dark brown vinyl over light walls, now dark walls with the light wall under)
I have been on a roll.......I mean, I have been rolling!!!
NEXT???

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Next?!!? My house!!

Dawn said...

too cute. I would not have been that creative to think to pull off the vinyl. you're just to good.

Anonymous said...

You would have been the last person I would have guessed that would have trouble picking out a paint color - your house is always so cute and coordinated!

Anonymous said...

Cool that you could keep your word wall. I have a vinyl that my cousin gave me and I'm trying to decide how to use it. Just a thought... I don't know what colors your browns are but try mixing a small equal portion of each of them and see if you like the resulting color. Works for me sometimes.

ruth said...

you have NEXT??? how about my house!!!

Kara said...

I like...no, I LOVE it, Janna! My kitchen is still waiting to be finished sometime before the end of the year. Seeing your work has given me the incentive that I need to get going!!

Mom Becker said...

Love the colors. We are due for more painting this winter. We would love to get some honey from you-- coming this way any time soon-- or could you leave some with Stacie? Kelley is coming here Saturday. Thanks!