April 1, the cleaning out the greenhouse which over the past season is over taken with weeds, and collect alls...this year is the year to replace the plastic so that was remove also.
April 3, the winds are calm early Saturday...the plastic rolled on without the wind picking up part way through. It has never gone on this smoothly, could it be that we have plenty experience now or mother natures was on our side?
Kerry putting the wiggle wire on the keeps the plastic fastened to the frame.
Now that the greenhouse is clean, covered it is time to remove the winter's mice crop. Nightly these are reset. The mice are a real detriment to the freshly planted flats of seeds. At night the mice will go and dig the seeds up to eat or.... the seeds are very expensive, labor is lost and time loss in growing.
April 17, 75oo watermelon seeds & 400o muskmelon being planted today.
2 comments:
I think I jumped in halfway through last year... will be fun to see the whole process. I really admire your project there.
I meant to say "Great photos!", too... wow. Love the one of the sun alongside the greenhouse. You'll be needing that. :) And your new header picture of the chute brings back lots of memories, too.
Post a Comment