HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Saturday, December 26, 2009

Shhhhhhh.....

This is the house I grew up in....there has been many changes as time went on and needs of a growing family made it necessary. I think when Dad/Mom moved in there was not even in door 'facilities'. So this is the original look.........I love it, it is so different now but anyway........a confession of mine............ ......this is a grate somewhat like we would of had in the "girl's bedroom floor" that the stove pipe goes through. In the winter the heat would rise from the kitchen below & radiate off the pipe for warmth in our room. The confession is that it was the perfect place to eaves drop phone conversations.....I do not recall anything that I heard but I do remember the sneaky feelings. My brother (is much older than me there-fore making me young & not responsible for my action) was courting his now wife would call her on the phone that had a limited amount of phone cord so little privacy. He would use it after we all went to bed....so I would try to listen thru the grate.....but the bad thing about it was that he was quiet & J. must of had to carry the conversation...oh, but what a brat!!!! and to not be that exciting!!!!!

2 comments:

ruth said...

That was a got place for eavesdropping, but we were the only room that had "heat"..I remember one time a big braided rug got next to the pipe..it scorched it..lucky there was no fire..

ruth said...

guess I need to proof read...good place..