HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Tuesday, September 8, 2009

PURGING

purge [ purj ]
verb (past and past participle purged, present participle purg·ing, 3rd person present singular purg·es) Definition: 1. transitive verb get rid of opponents: to remove opponents or people considered undesirable from a state or organization 2. transitive verb remove something undesirable: to get rid of something undesirable, impure, or imperfect
We have too much stuff,(especially myself) I think, I might want that later or next season or I could repurpose it. K. and I have been married seventeen years and always lived in this house. So no moving and going through things, so just keep packing it away. Now it is so hard to get things organized and keep it tidy. Today I made my mind up that would just get a box and start purging. Do not look at any item and analyze it but just put it in the box and reach for more. Maybe this winter I will actually walk into our fruit room and put something away rather than pile it up. Okay a published goal. Wish me luck ON MY WAY TO UNCLUTTERED HOUSE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny post... in a serious sort of way. I'm a treasure hunter so I'm enlarging your picture to see if there's anything I want. :)

Janna said...

That is what got me in this mess.......I love a bargain and the junk stores are my place to shop. Let me know what you like........the colors are mainly mauve and blue !!!! and accented with dust???!!

Anonymous said...

Mauve and blue... sounds like our "starting out" colors. Those were the days, eh?

There was a Country Living magazine from 1988 on the free rack at the library and my oldest suggested we get it to get some ideas for updating the house. :P