HIS, MINE & OURS......

....a little glimspe of our lives.



Thursday, September 17, 2009

THE CAT YEARS

This is my almost 15 yo daughter. She use to enjoy our dogs and cats freely. Now it is on her terms and not often do you see her pet a cat and not ever lately petting our dogs. Other people have cute dogs and smart ones but not ours. I am okay with that becuz we are all different and not everyone likes cats and dogs. So this morning I go outside while the kids are waiting for the bus and this is what I witness..........she is allowing the cats to crawl all over her and no fuss. In her hand is a piece of left over pizza.........I am not trying to understand the moment but simply do what any mom would do and go get the camera!!! Several years ago a friend sent me an article The Cat Years and I have kept it although we were not yet in that time but safe to say we are now. Posted is a copy of it and the link is........ http://www.sugardoodle.net/mambo/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=952 We deeply love our kids for who they are and try to understand their ways like they have to put up with us and our quirks. Isn't it neat to watch our children grow and become their own unique person? Parenting is the hardest thing to do but the most rewarding blessing.

1 comment:

Jenae said...

These years are the best, so glad you are enjoying them.